Frequently Asked Questions
Do car club and enthusiast group members get discounted rates?
Insurers recognise that if you are a member of a car club or enthusiast group, it shows that you’re passionate about your vehicle and therefore are likely to reward you with discounted cover. Often becoming a member of a car club or enthusiast group can reduce your premium by up to 15%.
What does NCD stand for?
NCD stands for 'No Claims Discount' which is also known as NCB, an abbreviation for 'No Claims Bonus'. This represents the number of years you have held a policy without making a claim or having a claim made against you.
What types of cover can I buy?
Like regular motor insurance, there are different levels of cover available:
Third-Party – Third-Party is the minimum legal requirement for all types of motor vehicles on the UK roads. It covers a situation whereby, even if you were only partially to blame for an accident, the insurer will pay for any damages to the third-parties vehicle or property as well as any injuries. Third-Party insurance, however, provides no protection for any damages to yourself or your vehicle.
Third-Party Fire and Theft – As well as Third party cover, you will also be covered in the event of your vehicle being stolen or damaged by a fire.
Comprehensive – Offers Third Party, Fire and Theft but also includes cover for any damages or losses to yourself and or your vehicle. Comprehensive cover is the highest but the most expensive type of insurance.
Laid Up – If your vehicle is being kept off the road, already been SORN and kept in a garage with no miles added to the clock, you may qualify for a laid up policy. Cover may include accidental damage to the vehicle, damage to the vehicle by fire, theft of the vehicle and attempted theft damage.
Can I use my vehicle for business purposes?
Our specialist insurers offer a wide range of usage options including business use. This allows you to use your vehicle in connection to your work, for example; travelling to multiple places of work, visiting customers or driving around other employees.
If you are uncertain on what type of usage you require, please contact our quotes team on 01708 952 650.
I don't live in the UK but can you still insure me?
We can only implement policies in the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands (excluding N. Ireland), we apologise for any inconvenience.
Why can't I find my vehicle?
If your vehicle is not listed, please contact us on 01708 952 650 and one our advisors will happily offer you a quote and add your vehicle to our database. Our specialist insurers are able to cover a wide range of vehicle types and they relish the opportunity to discuss your vehicle with you.
What can reduce my insurance premium?
There are several ways to reduce the price of your insurance:
- Increase your voluntary excess – An excess is the first part of the claim that you have agreed to pay. By increasing this amount, therefore increasing the amount that you are willing to pay in the event of a claim your insurer will discount your annual premium.
- Security – Having an alarm, immobiliser or tracker fitted to your vehicle can generate premium discounts.
- Annual mileage – Be as accurate as you possibly can. The lower your annual mileage, the more the insurers may discount your annual premium.
- Overnight parking – If you have a garage, it's best to use it as insurers may offer discounts on your annual premium. If you have a driveway, enter this onto your quote.
- Additional drivers – Only add drivers to your policy that use your vehicle on a regular basis. Limiting drivers limits your risk to the insurer and therefore decreases your annual premium. 'Any driver' policies are considerably more expensive, if you do require this, check all drivers ages as any driver policies over 25 (entered on quote as 25) may be more expensive than any driver policies over 30 (entered on quote as 30).
How do I compare quotes?
Our service personally matches you with 3 to 5 of our approved classic car insurance partners. You will have the choice to buy online or proceed to contact the insurance provider direct over the phone. All our partners are happy to discuss the policy options with you to make sure you are purchasing the right policy with the right benefits. We believe that the chance to speak to a representative minimises the risk of mistake within your policy and allows you to find the best policy at a competitive price.
Should I get several quotes for the same policy?
Having several quotes can enable you to understand your policy as well as make a decision to suit your needs. We provide a range of quotes for the same policy by passing your details over to our specialist insurers, so you don’t have to. This allows you to choose from a range of quotes, comparing prices, cover and added extras.